Here are our favorite online resources for math, including games to play in the compauter center:
- Absurd Math: Pre-Algebra from Another Dimension
- MIT’s free online math courses for high school
- Mathbun, a sort of free-floating celebration of geometry and other cool math concepts
- Create a Graph is an excellent set of tools for, well, creating graphs, obviously.
- Mathwire has lots of cool math ideas, including many things for preschool.
- Math Cats has fun stuff for young students.
- Count Us In has many fun online games for basic number concepts.
- Math Lessons Fun! Fun! Fun! is Cynthis Lanius’s collection of math problems.
- CoolMath4Kids has a bunch of fun Flash games for young students.
- Let’s Play Math is a homeschooler’s blog with many fun ideas.
- Statistics: Cast Your Vote is an interesting statistics experience you can tie in with elections.
- Nrich has links to lots of resources at many levels of sophistication.
- Mathisfun has a vast array of interesting stuff.
- Math Mojo is kind of a horrible website, but there’s a lot of good stuff there if you persevere.
- The Toymaker’s Math Toys are exquisite paper printouts you can use for math practice.
- Problem Solving Island has a loose text-based game that leads to intriguing conundrums.
Have we left your favorite off the list? Tell us about it!