Choose a trendy theme for your classroom this year: a cactus classroom theme. It works with your cowboy classroom, makes a great starting point for a study of biomes, suits a Spanish class, and looks great!
There are some very snazzy ready-made decoratives for a cactus theme this year.
Eureka has a bright bulletin board set with lots of great slogans. “Cactus makes perfect” might be a stretch, but there are plenty of others — and who doesn’t like a groaner of a pun?
Eureka has quite a few associated items.
Teaching Tree has a cute cactus character.
Add student photos to the pot the cactus is growing in.
An inflatable cactus will set the tone!
Cactus Classroom Slogans
- We’re going to have a fan-cactus year!
- Keep sharp!
- Stick to it!
- In this class, we stick together!
- Bloom where you’re planted!
- Sharp work!
- Our class is on point
- Lookin’ sharp
- We’re growing!
The last book in this group is a Southwestern take on Stone Soup.
- As of this writing, Casedilla Crumbs is offering a free download of Table Labels with hand-drawn cacti.
- A lesson plan built on the book Around One Cactus includes instructions for creating a terrarium, plus lots of other cool stuff. The book is out of print, but your library may have it. You can also click through the link to find it used.
- Use a paper cactus art project to decorate your classroom while practicing following instructions.
- Make a virtual visit to a cactus garden.