Need some good books for Earth Day? Here are some fine ones. Check your library.
- Earth Day: An Alphabet Book
- The EARTH Book by Todd Parr is simple and straighforward.
- The Earth and I by Frank Asch is a sweet book about being friends with the Earth.
- It’s Earth Day! with Mercer Mayer’s Little Critter
- Our Big Home is a poem for Earth.
- Earth Day–Hooray! from the Math Start series uses recycling to explore place value
- Fancy Nancy: Every Day Is Earth Day
- All New Crafts for Earth Day
- Recycle!: A Handbook for Kids from Gail Gibbons has her usual through yet comprehensible explanations.
- Earth Book for Kids: Activities to Help Heal the Environment
- Lets Celebrate Earth Day is actually about Earth Day, bringing significant events in recent history to kids — and perhaps to adults who missed them.