In a Polka Dots vs. Stripes smackdown at Tumblr, polka dots won. There are lots of options this year if polka dots have won your heart.
Start with TCR’s polka dot calender:
Then check out the coordinating stuff:
- Polka Dots Hall Pass
- Polka Dot Monthly Headliners or
Polka Dot Monthly (Spanish) Headliners
- Polka Dot Blank Headliners
- Lime Polka Dots 2 Name Tags
- Polka Dots Welcome Banner
- Lime Mini Polka Dots Scalloped Border Trim or
Red Mini Polka Dots Scalloped Border Trim or for something different,
Apples and Dots Straight Border Trim
All the TCR polka dot stuff works together, of course.
You can use dotty bulletin board sayings:
- Spotted being good
- We’re dotty over reading!
- Our classroom is the sweet spot!
- Spot on!
- X marks the spot… for learning
Another fun idea is RoomMates Black and White Chalkboard Dots Peel & Stick Wall Decals. These are black chalkboard dots and white markerboard dots you can put anywhere you want. Without writing, they look like multi-size black and white polka dots, but you can write on them and erase them. Perfect for word wall letters, center labels, student names, class rules, or message centers.
More polka dots:
- Platypus Designer Duct Tape Polka Dot
- Dot to Dot letters
- Black/white Polka Dot magnetic bins
- Scholastic Yellow Polka Dots Trimmer
- Green and Lime Green Polka Dots Wall Decor
- CTP’s multicolored jumbo dots border
- Class rules chart in multi dots on chocolate
Polka dots are a fashion statement, of course, and don’t have to go with any particular instructional content. If you want to start out with something dotty, though, consider ladybugs.