Eureka has come out with a full collection of Star Wars goodies for the classroom. With bulletin board sets, posters, “Go Arounds” to trim your doors, and more, you can load up your virtual shopping cart, get your decoratives delivered to your classroom, and have your room ready in no time. (Click on the picture to see the whole collection at Amazon.)
You probably have your own favorite quotes, but here are some Star Wars slogans for your bulletin board:
- May the Force be with you!
- Do or do not. There is no Try!
- The day we stop believing democracy can work is the day we lose it.
- Only you can change yourself.
- Your focus determines your reality.
- Stay on target.
- Star Wars in the Classroom is a website full of information and ideas.
- The Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences has a Stars Wars exhibit to enjoy.
- Jojoebi has a massive list of printables and stuff you can download for free.
- The New York Times has some seriously creative and fun teaching plans for Star Wars.
- Prestwick House has a great lesson plan on the Hero’s Journey. When you’re exploring Star Wars and the classic hero archetype, consider using our Heroes lesson plans.
- Compare Star Wars with the Wizard of Oz.
- Here’s one teacher’s experience using Star Wars in a kindergarten classroom.
Use the Star Wars theme to get your class off to a bold start every day. March around the room, strike bold poses, or do a full-on choreographed Dance of the Storm Troopers. However, you choose to interpret the music, you’ll get energized.