Jungle classrooms are a fun way to welcome students to class, and they can be very quick and easy to organize, because there are lots of ready made decorations for jungle classrooms.
You’ll have so much extra time and attention you can add a super fun welcoming touch like our pawprint cupcakes!
Bake and ice cupcakes — green icing might be more jungly, actually — and then use candy to create the pawprints. We used a Russell Stover mint and four Junior Mints.
- CYP’s “Wild about…” is cute and lively, and you can make your bulletin express wildness about anything, from math to band.
- Check out the Schoolgirl Style wild about school set for a subtler take.
- Trend’s Giraffe Growth Chart Bulletin Board Set lets kids measure themselves against the height of a cheetah or a python, adding a personal connection with the creatures you’re studying.
- Trend’s Jungle Fun Calendar set is very bright and includes all the stuff you otherwise have to make yourself, including welcome sign and weather chart, special day markers, and more.
- Fun Express has a happy, cartoon quality for younger kids.
- Safari Friends are perfect for writing student names.
- Wild One wall decals take another approach.
- Teacher Created Resources Picture Frame Animal Prints Accents give you a fun way to use student photos — put them into the animal print frames, post them, and you have an instant jungle effect.
If you prefer DIY, grab some Safari Prints Paper for the bulletin board backgrounds and take it from there.
For bulletin board slogans, try one of these:
- It’s a Jungle in Here!
- Welcome to the Jungle!
- Swing into Learning! (to go with monkeys)
- Get Into the Swing of Things!
- We’re Wild About Learning (math, reading, 2nd Grade…)
- Take a Walk on the Wild Side
- Learning is an Adventure
You’ll find online resources, books, activities, and lesson plan ideas in these posts:
- Southeast Asian Rainforest Lesson Plans
- African Rainforest Lesson Plans
- Amazon Rainforest Lesson Plans
- Wild Animals Lesson Plans
- Zoo Classroom Theme
- Monkey Classroom Theme
- Tigers Lesson Plans
- Elephant Classroom Theme
- Frog Classroom Theme
More online resources:
- NGAKids has a wonderful online jungle activity based on the work of Henri Rousseau. Kids can practice their mouse skills as they click and drag elements into a jungle scene. Use this for an art lesson on composition, and introduction to jungles in art, or to help little children get to know their computers. For older students, check out a Google Earth Tour of Rousseau’s life and discuss the appeal of the jungle.
- Visit a jungle virtually with Explore.org’s live cameras.
- Jungle dioramas are fun. Let us offer you a jungle background and animals to start with. Click on them twice for full-size pictures to print.
Fun things for the classroom:
- Alphabet Jungle Rectangle Carpet
- Remo Rain Forest Drum
- Melissa and Doug Plush Safari Animal Hand Puppets – 6 pc Set
- Fun Express Animal Print School Pencil
- Animal Prints Adhesive Labels for environmental print or labeling storage containers
- Zebra Print Scissors
- Leopard Print Desk Chair (to show who’s boss!)